Sunday, October 30, 2011

The other day a women lent me these. I stopped to talk to her and was sad. I had just been yelled at by another adult for doing something that in her opinion was terrible. My intentions were good. I wasn't even sad about what happened I was hurt that someone thought it acceptable to talk to me as if I were a child who just broke a cookie jar, or stole a toy from another person, or to be honest, murdered another human being. 

I ran into the owner of these sunglasses. She was kind and offered the glasses so my kids wouldn't know I was upset. She is honest and kind. She did not need to be nice to me. I am merely a person she runs into now and then.

I hope that through these sunglasses I can see the world the way she does. I hope to always remember her words, "No one deserves to be spoken to like that. No matter what they have done." I have never seen or heard her be unkind.

I hope to become more like her. Strong, independent, beautiful, wise, kind, thoughtful, and did I mention beautiful.
You know who you are, and I thank you with all my heart for reminding me that there are still good  people out there.

No comments: