Sunday, August 29, 2010

Socks

Many socks enter our washing machine NEVER to return! Does anyone else have a "pile" or "basket" that houses mates to the socks that have been "eaten" by the washing machine??? Hoping that one day the mate will miraculously appear and the world will be right again? I am willing to bet that nobody else has a "sock pile" that looks like this.....
Every morning my children go to the "sock pile" in search of a PAIR of socks....
THIS IS THE OUTCOME....
I am not sure what bothers me more. The fact that they don't even kind of match, or the fact that they look like this....
I am proud to say, "Goodbye sock pile! I can no longer hold on to each of you hoping that one day your mate will be found. It is with sadness that I put you in the trash."

6 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

Lol!! So we totally have a random sock pile too. Our household isn't as big as yours so our pile is only a fraction of the size. But wow--the holes--it was time to say goodbye to the pile.

Lindsay Smith said...

I'm willing to bet a lot of those missing socks have been left at DSC.

Laura said...

My sock pile has never had such cool pics taken of it, that is for sure :)

Shannon said...

ew i hate socks! Ugh... are those really your children's feet. Awesome pics!

Janel said...

lol...you make me laugh!! miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherri said...

Love these pics!!! We have a sock basket too!!