Monday, March 22, 2010

Missing Grandma today........

When I was young, my Grandma Reid was the primary chorister. I can still picture the way she held her hand as she taught us the words and music to "I Wonder When He Comes Again." I can still picture her enthusiasm and pure love as she taught about the Savior and His love for each and every one of us children. My grandma LOVED music almost as much as she loved her Heavenly Father. She loved to dance and sing and laugh. She loved to bear her sweet testimony verbally and by example. I have many memories that took place in her living room around her piano or simply sitting next to her as she read The Littlest Angel or My Turn on Earth to me. Grandma took me took get my Kindergarten shots, helped me conquer fears, helped me write papers for school, loved every one of my friends and they knew it, took me on vacation, let me stay up late and watch "Love Boat," painted my nails, watched countless soccer games, and loved my husband and children. I love and miss her as much today as I did when she passed away years ago. I don't have any clever pictures to post. I only have gratitude in my heart to a Grandmother, who among many things, taught me to love and appreciate the impressions left by the spirit on my heart. She loved me. I never doubted that I was the most important person in the world to her. I never doubted that she had a testimony. I never doubted her devotion to her family. I never doubted that she loved my children. She made all of these things abundantly clear! I couldn't love her or miss her more!

8 comments:

Janel said...

loved her too! have fun memories at her house :)

the weisenburger life said...

My favorite post ever! You were lucky to have some one who loved you so much and left such an impression upon your heart forever! I love you my friend.

Margaret said...

I love you, Kari. Thanks for this today.

Kate A said...

Thanks for making me cry like a little girl. She really is the most amazing woman ever! Miss her tons!!

bulkleybunch said...

i feel so much the same for my own grandma. that was a very sweet post. xoxo

jt said...

I read your post, then emailed my Grama.

andrew and brittani said...

i miss my grandma too!

Leigh Siljander said...

Kati - even I cried!

Kari - no picture needed here, we all have our pictures of your grandma in our heads and you captured her perfectly in this post. I miss her and my own grandma's now.