Thursday, December 09, 2010

I can't lie....

I can't lie. I love Christmas cards! I love going to the mail every day in December. They come from all over, from old friends and new. I love opening Christmas cards almost as much as I love opening presents. It makes me happy to read about and see pictures of family and friends that we love.

That being said, my excitement for getting the mail in December was met with dismay the other day. I ran to get the mail. I was shuffling through junk mail looking for Christmas cards from everyone that I love. When I stumbled across this.....


If you can't see it. It is a note from the U of U thanking Jaxson for applying to their college. While I am absolutely 100% supportive and proud. I am sad. This marks a change in our lives that I am not sure I am sufficiently prepared for. I love Jax. I love the decisions he is making. I want him to move ahead in life. Is it wrong for me to admit that I meet this pending cross road with some sadness??? Don't judge me!!!

I just want him to be 5 again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All will be well...you will enjoy the next phase as much as you have those that have passed. Chin up girl!