Monday, March 30, 2009

Ice Breaker!

I did the "Ice Breaker" Triathlon in American Fork with my friend Brooke. (I use the term "with" loosely. She was miles ahead of me.) We have been training for a while now. I was soooo cold and my only goal was to get out of the water. So, I feel pretty good about the whole thing. Brooke has done triathlons before and is amazing. She is also an amazing person. I am grateful for the opportunity training for this gave me to get to know her. Brooke has a "strength" that I hope one day to possess. I love her and look up to her!
I loved every call I got after. (I think people were afraid I was dead on the side of the road!) Thank you to all "well wishers." I will always remember coming out and seeing the Crocketts. I love you guys and love even more that you were there for me at every turn! I am a lucky girl!!!

10 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

holy cow!! you're amazing!! sooo proud and impressed! congratulations girl! i could NEVER do that! you've got a nice backside as a result too! :)

KATE said...

Good Job! You kick ass!!

KATE said...

Seriously I need your "training schedule" maybe if I pretend to train for a triathalon I could get my butt in gear! Really, I need help Lu!

Emily said...

AMAZING!!!! You are my idol!

Janel said...

Good job Kari!!! ...I'm with Kate--I need your training schedule...and someone to kick my butt into gear!!

andrew and brittani said...

You go girl! HAHA

Parks Pack said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!! So proud of you. Feeling like a pregnant, lazy, piece of garbage . . . but proud of you! xoxo Amy

Mindy said...

You ROCK!!!! Seriously, I have considered doing a triathlon, but I don't think I could do the running part. Maybe I couldn't do any of it! The point is, I'm super impressed! You and Brook are amazing. And yes, I'd LOVE to do lunch again. :)

Sherri said...

Kari, that is awesome! My friend tries to get me to run a marathon with her...yeah right! Maybe some day when the kids are grown up a bit! Really though, you are amazing!

Shannon said...

YAHOO! It looks like "Icebreaker" outside! My friend Keena actually was in charge of that.
Kar, so awesome, i am soooo proud of you!
Did you like the bike?!