Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sammy's Birthday

Today my nephew, Sam, turned 6!!!! I called his house before he went to school. Here is how the conversation went:

SAM-"Hi Auntie

ME/AUNTIE- "Happy Birthday to you. You live in a zoo. You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too! (Sung beautifully)

SAM-Doesn't make a comment

AUNTIE-"Did you like my song?"

SAM WITH DISGUST- "Well, not the MONKEY part!"

I love that kid! He came and stayed the night at my house, so we had presents hidden for him.
When Sam was 2 1/2 years old, I flew to Colorado to help Kate and Scott move back to Utah. Sam and I became fast buddies. He will call and say, "Auntie, can I come play at your house?" I loved our play dates! I still love our play dates but I have to remember that Sam is a "big guy" now and he loves me but he can't be overly affectionate any more. How sad? When I went to buy him a present I found myself looking in the cars and trucks.....things that he has long since outgrown! He has always been my buddy. I just have to accept that he is now my "little bit more" grown up buddy!


The party was at Chuck E. Cheese.
This is Sam hooking me with his pirate hook!
This is Brookie loving the rides!!!
Our friend, Kole, came and spent the night with us because his mom was having a beautiful new baby! He partied with us!
Emmie and cousin Avery just being silly!
Morgan letting Brooke drink pop.

We also danced, and had cake. It was a great day! Happy Birthday Sam I am!!!

7 comments:

Janel said...

so cute! what a good auntie you are. i LOVE LOVE LOVE my nieces and nephews also--just can't get enough of them--they are so stinkin adorable!!

p.s.--saw your note on FB--I would bring you cookies if you were my neighbor :) ...my neighbors are all just a little bit chubbier because of me!!

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

I love my nephews, too. I have to say that my favorite one right now is the 6 year old... it is such a funny, cute age. Your a cute Auntie. I chuckled when I read the monkey conversation... I had to read it to Griff, who got a laugh out of it, too. You are so fun!

Emily said...

you said POP!!! you are truly a Utahan now... no turning back!

you're an awesome auntie, truly and inspiration to me... and i'm not EVEN kidding

bulkleybunch said...

what an amazing aunt, sam is super lucky!!! you are so great! i love you tons!

Shannon said...

Oh my, you spoil him, i just love it!! He is getting so big!! How fun to be so close to him throughout his whole life. Looks like a fun Par Tay!!!

Anonymous said...

muddy buddys is on Saturday i think that is the 14th if i can remember right so you better be there