Saturday, October 18, 2008

"SERVICE BREAK" CONTINUED...

Boy, do I need to learn to focus! I got these pictures uploaded and then left to do something else.(That is so unlike me!) Anyway, our "Service Break" continued. Friday we got our yard ready for winter. The kids also picked another act of service to do for someone else. I am really proud of the kids! They can recognize the needs of others when necessary!

Saturday the kids and I pulled out flowers and weeds in our neighbor's yard. All of the kids complained on the way over. BUT...we worked together and it didn't take us very long. Jaxson mowed their lawn to "finish up!" Great job guys!!!!!

Here are a few highlights...



Ryanne helping in Beesley's yard. WITH A SMILE!!



Hanna in Beesley's yard!!!



We did have some fun too. Garron took the kids to Corn Belly's. This is Emmie trying to rope.



The girls and Garron in American Fork Canyon.



All the kids working in our yard.



French toast with whip cream and fruit! It was a great dinner!



Hanna and Abby playing Tetris! (I AM STILL THE QUEEN!)



Me going crazy making Halloween Costumes!!



This was so cute. I was looking out our back window and Emmie and Ryanne were wrestling on the tramp! I hope one day the realize how lucky they are to have sisters!

4 comments:

Janel said...

Love your updates!! Hope you survive putting the Halloween costumes together... :)

Shannon said...

WHAT? you are making your kids costumes..Who are you, Martha?!!

So fun to see your kids doing such good service, can you teach mine!
haha

KATE said...

First of all, I don't want to see that picture of you again. Secondly, you're suppose to make some crap for my kids too, now get back to work!!!

ha ha ha, cute pictures! I want to see the costumes you've finished!!

Parks Pack said...

Kari -- Such a cute family. I love the service idea. My kids can't even look to see how they can help mom in the house, let alone others. Such a great learning for them! And yea, making costumes? Man, I'm feeling like a loser :) You are way too cute, Kari.