Friday, April 03, 2009

A Brave Little Girl!

Emmie had her surgery today!
She was so brave. Before we left she started to cry and said that she was scared. In spite of her fear, she took my hand and off we went.
Emmie was so tender. She held my hand and sat on my lap and tried so hard to be brave.

The doctor was trying to distract her so that they could put the IV in her arm. He gave her laughing gas and asked her questions. Emmie was not falling for it! Tim and I were able to stay with her until she was asleep.
We also got to be with her as soon as she woke up.
When she woke up, Emmie couldn't even remember going to sleep. She was a little groggy and worried about her lip. She asked us if her space was gone four or five times. I am so glad that everything went okay.

Her first visitor was Haidyn. (Of course!) Emmie and Haidyn are the cutest when they are together. They truly love and worry about each other. Haidyn brought "get well goodies" and lots of love for Emmie's recovery.
Emmie is loved by so many people! Thank you to all who came by and visited and brought goodies. Emmie is lucky to be loved by so many people!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh she looks so sweet! I love that gap inbetween her teeth. What was wrong?!

Mindy said...

Poor little Emmie! I'm glad everything went so well. I have to admit I am going to miss that little gap, though. :)