Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving! Each one of our kids asked if we could "just stay home" for Thanksgiving. The more I heard that question, the more I was grateful for my family. I love that our kids just wanted to be home together to enjoy the holiday! That alone is a tremendous blessing. We had extended family from my side join us. The kids were great, the food was fantastic, and the company was even better! The list of things I am grateful for seems to get longer and longer everyday. I am truly blessed in so many ways. It is so nice to have a day in the middle of this crazy season to reflect on all that we have.

I weathered the "Black Friday" crowds with my older girls and sister. I really just got a kick out of watching people fight over $4.00 toys. My girls were cute and loved the excitement. It is quite a turning point when you love to shop with your daughters. (I'm sure Tim would agree!) We had a great time together.

We went to see "Tangled" on Saturday. Loved it! Jaxson opted out. How could I even argue? I think Tim might have wished he were with Jax. I thought the movie was so cute and loved some of the music. The littles loved the movie!

We are grateful to have neighbors home safe (life always seems better when Joy is home) and leftovers in the fridge. We are even more grateful for the many people who have touched our lives in so many ways. I am also SOOOOO GRATEFUL that we have more than a month down in the count down until the Crocketts return. There is not a day that goes by that one of my kids doesn't express how much they miss them. I feel the same!

No comments: