Saturday, July 21, 2007



Here's a Quick preview of Ryanne's baptism pics! They all came out soooo cute. I can't get the vertical ones to pull up right. So, you will just have to trust me! I hope I remember the day these were taken for the rest of my life. Ryanne was so cute and so happy to go with just me. (We had planned on getting family pictures that day too. But the whole family never seems to be in the same place at the same time.) Ryanne kept saying, "Thank you for spending the afternoon with me." I just love her sweet little spirit. She is such a wonderful kid. I am so grateful that Ryanne is my daughter.

Our friend Carin, from Barefeet Photography, took these pictures. I can't begin to thank her enough. They came out so nice. More than that, I loved watching her with Ryanne. Carin was so good to her. She walked Ryanne through the park and asked her what she wanted to do and where she wanted her picture taken. I loved that she really listened to Ryanne. It was such a neat day. I am so glad that we have so many wonderful friends that truly love our kids. Tim and I feel so blessed to have lived here so long and to have formed so many wonderful friendships.

When I was talking to the girls about Carin and how much she loves them. Morgan reminded me of a time right before Tim and I had left for Hawaii. We were going to be traveling with my sister, who would "inherit" our children if anything were to happen to us. I went back and forth considering who we should have raise them if something were to happen to all of us. I really couldn't sleep at night. I was so worried about it. Tim told me to talk to my friend Marnae. So I called and told Marnae that I had a huge favor to ask and that she could have a couple of days to think about it. (Because I am generous!!) I asked if she would talk to Todd and if they would be willing to take our kids in case something happened to Tim and I. Marnae said, "Kari, I don't need to think about it. Nothing would make us happier than to raise your children." Morgan had been listening to the whole conversation. When I looked over at her, tears were streaming down her cheeks and she said, "Mom, Marnae must really love us! That is so cool."

It is so cool!! We feel so blessed to have so many people that our children can look up to and know they love them!!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok are you on Pain Killers?!
I am seriously Crying....You are so cute and Love your kids so much!
I LOVE them too! (Tell them that!)

Shannon said...

Oh Ryanne is Seriously Gorgeous!
actually all of your kids are!

KATE said...

Oh my word, I love the pics of Ryanne! She's Gorgeous!!!

carin davis said...

Adorable! How did you raise such great kids!?! I need some tips :) I love everyone of them! Ryanne is adorable! What a fun night! Thanks for the opportunity!!!! She is gorgeous!!