Friday, July 06, 2007

I Broke My Leg!!!!

Okay. I know I have been a horrible blogger. Even my kids are barking at me about it. Soooooo.....I am going to try to bring everyone up to date. PLEASE: Bare with me.
About three months ago I hurt my hip in a soccer game. (Please, no "you are too old for soccer" comments.) Well, I went to the doctor and he sent me to physical therapy. I went to Physical Therapy religiously for four weeks. My leg still wasn't getting any better. Last week I was so tired of my leg hurting that I went back in and had a "little" meltdown. This time the Dr. ordered a MRI of my leg because it wasn't normal for it not to be getting better and some Prozac for my "little" melt down.(Just Joking) Saturday night I had a sleepover at my sisters. Yes, a sleepover. Kate's husband had taken the older kids out of town so it was just me, Kate, and little Brookie. I had so much fun. We ate tons of junk food and I got up with Kate and Brooke all through the night. Monday morning I got up and went to the MRI. I had forgotten to take my phone so after I ran to Kate's house to pick it up. I had missed 5 calls. Four from Doctors and one from Tim. Tim was calling to tell me that my doctor was going to call back in one minute. (They wouldn't tell Tim what the problem was due to patient/doctor confidentiality. I talked to my doctor and he said, "I think we found the source of the problem. Your leg is BROKEN!" I guess it is pretty dangerous because all of the doctors wanted to make sure that I would get crutches before I went home. I can't put any weight on my leg for four to six weeks. They will do bone scans every two weeks to make sure it is healing okay.
Obviously I am finding myself with a little extra time on my hands now. So it is my goal to catch everyone up on the time from our Hawaii trip until now. I know everyone is just dying to hear what has gone on in the Hellbusch household!!!!So, stay tuned....

3 comments:

KATE said...

We did have a Bithin Sleepover! I'll have to have Scotty leave with the kids again. I'm still sorry your leg is broken. That Licks, and not in a good way!! Thank goodness you're back, it's about TIME!
Love ya - Kate

Leigh Siljander said...

Hi Kari - Lynn and I wanted to say get well soon and take care of yourself - Alex had the same kind of break a few months ago - it will get better.

Shannon said...

Do you get a wheelchair with this Package!!!
That sucks, will you still play soccer, when it's better?!!