Saturday, July 21, 2007

WELCOME HOME BROTHER JAXSON!!!





JAXSON DID IT!!! He survived the Trek and he is still speaking to me! I missed and worried about him so much. I am so proud of him. Not to mention so grateful he is home safe! We filled his room with balloons and made a "Welcome home" poster. Each of us put a hand print on the poster and wrote something we missed about Jaxson in our hand print. I won't bore you with many of the details, but sweet Ryanne wrote, "I just miss my brother!" That pretty much summed up all of our feelings! I knew he would be so excited to sleep in his own bed. I put clean sheets on his bed and made it the way that he likes. I also made him his favorite dinner: Navajo Taco's. I am so happy he is home. He has been so cute since he walked in the door. This is another day I hope I always remember. He has said the neatest things. He learned so much about why family is important. Jaxson said he was so sad when the girls had to do the wagons by themselves. He said all of the boys wanted to help so bad. His comment was, "Mom they weren't just girls, they were our friends and sisters. I love that!!!! I asked him if he would take a minute to write his feelings in his journal right now why he was feeling so good. Do you know what he said? He said, "YES!" That never happens!

This has been the best couple of days. Usually I am a lot more crazy the last two days that Tim is gone! But so many fun things have been going on. We all miss Tim so much and I wish he were here to share these moments. We had a girls night out last night. My friend helped me take the girls and a few friends to see the movie Hairspray. It was so good. The whole night was all girls and I loved it! Ryanne is dancing around the house singing all the songs from the movie. With Jaxson coming home today I couldn't ask for more!!! (Except Tim being here too!)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so proud of Jaxon and what a Great Experience for him!!!
Ryanne's Baptism pictures are seriously Breathtaking! NICE JOB!

You are so dang cute Kari, I know how you feel about being so Grateful to have so many Great Friends and to live in such a Great Place!
We are seriously so Lucky!

KATE said...

Oh my word, he is so cute! Good Job Jaxy!! You just made me cry! How fun, he's a good boy. I'm so glad he loved it!
I'm glad you guys had fun at Hairspray! It was a cute movie, what a great girl night for ya!
Love ya - Kate

KATE said...

okay, I'm ready for you to post another one! Get on it girl!!
- Kate