Monday, August 18, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!


I have been trying to upload pictures for three hours now! Finally, it put this one on but not the others. I wanted to get mine up before Shannon did!

Today was a great day. All of the kids got off to school without a hitch. Emmie has been so excited to start "fiwst gwade." I know it shouldn't be cute that my seven year can't say her "r's" but I will be sad when she can say them right. I played with my friend Carey all morning. I wanted to have chocolate chip cookies in the oven when the kids got home. I did! I also wore my friends apron and put flour on my cheeks. Jax walked in only to ask what I was wearing! I replied, "I have been slaving away all day making cookies for you." He was less than impressed! All of the kids loved warm cookies and cold milk for an after school snack. I even made dinner and had family night planned. I know....I am so good! I never did figure out why my neighbor wanted to come see if I was really cooking dinner. I think I took the summer off.
I will have to post more pics tomorrow!

One highlight of the day: Emmie came home from school and when I asked what her favorite part of today was, she said, "I got chocolate milk with my lunch!"

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to GO!! I am glad you got them up before me, but Guess what~ We don't start school until Wednesday. hahaha

Love that you are updating and Cooking again. It will be so nice to have a schedule!
Oh and i can't believe all your kids are in School HOW FUN IS THAT!!
I wish i was able to go biking or Play tennis with you! Maybe in the Spring!

KATE said...

Good Job Betty Crocker! What the crap? Hot cookies, that's just crazy talk! I love the first day of school!

Carin Davis said...

they all look so grown up!!!!! you have everybody in school all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like a fun day!!!!!

Janel said...

I'm laughing out loud!! ...because of Shannon's comment that her kids don't start till Wed.!! You did have a little bit of a head start on posting--and you took full advantage :) Love the picture of you with the cookie plate--you crack me up! You go, momma!

Leigh Siljander said...

You are the cutest mom ever!! I myself have decided to take the weekend off and go to the hotsprings and leave the kids right before school starts. (Which is Monday 8/25 for us out here) Duncan will be in Kindergarten this year and I personally will be mad when he quits saying "seben" instead of seven.