Monday, September 25, 2006




I usually look forward to Mondays. We seem to get back on a schedule and get many of our "affairs" in order. But.....Ryanne was sick today. She threw up all night Saturday and then again on Sunday. By this morning she was feeling okay, but I kept her home just to be on the safe side. I have not spent a day like this with her in so long it was so nice. Of course I was worried that she wasn't feeling well, but Emmie had preschool this morning so it was just Ryanne and I hanging out for a while. Sometimes life gets so busy that I forget that it is so fun to just pal around with the kids. Thanks for a great day Ryanne!!!

Now everyone is in bed for the night and I am trying to catch up on Laundry. I had just gotten all of Emmies blankets washed and put away. (She was sick last week) Now I am doing Ryanne's. I am sure the cycle will continue. Laundry is a never ending chore.

Recently I bought a MAC. I have been so excited to get started on so many different projects, that I can hardly contain myself. The problem is TIME. I don't know when I thought I would do these projects, but so far I haven't looked at my computer for more than ten minutes. One day!!! I am still excited. It is just one more thing to fit in.

We had a nice family night. We talked about the Family Proclamation and Jaxson proposed a family goal to save money for a Go Cart. We have family night at 8pm so it is usually somewhat rushed. The little girls need to be in bed early or they will never get up in the morning. I forgot to pass out the treats. Oops. I am sure I won't hear the end of that.

Today would be my Grandma's birthday. She passed away almost three years ago. I miss her terribly. Not a day goes by that I don't think, "Grandma would love to hear that," whenever the kids do or say something funny. She was such a wonderful person. She made you feel like nothing else mattered to her but you. I remember so many trips that I went on with her, and so many sleep overs with her. I am so grateful that she was my grandma!!! Happy Birthday.
KH

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are such a sweet Granddaughter!
Hope Ryanne gets better so I can come over and Help you start some Movies! Let me know when.

Margaret said...

Thanks for your tribute to Grandma. I miss her, too, but I didn't know her anywhere near as well as you and your sisters did. I am just glad that I'll have another chance for that!

KATE said...

She was the best person I've ever met!! If I could be a quarter of the person she was I would consider myself successful! Marg, if you ever want to know about her, just ask. I could tell you stories. She could make everyone else in the room melt away and it would just be the two of you. I miss having an insane day and calling her and having her laugh at me (not with me, at me) and then tell me how wonderful my babies laugh was, and how amazing it is to hear their broken run down the hall, by the time we hung up I was ready to be a mom again, even with throw up in my hair two dirty diapers to change and dinner burning. She never preached she made you know she knew it was insane because she went thru it, and she also didn't want you to miss any of it. She was absolutely amazing!!! I am definitely a better person for having known Elayne Warnock Reid!
-Kate