Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hanna's Birthday Party!!




Tonight we went to Laser Assault and played laser tag for Hanna's birthday. She invited thirteen kids!! That is ALOT. (trust me) This was her first boy/girl birthday party. It was fun to watch the way kids interact. Somehow I was thinking that things must be so different from when I was a kids. They aren't. Boys and girls in sixth grade act the exact same way they did when I was a kid. That isn't always comforting. They were a fun group of kids though. I had a contest with them to who could stick a whole cup cake in their mouth. I won. I am pretty good at that. The boys could not even do it!!!

I hadn't played laser tag before. That was so much fun. My team annihilated the other team. My brother in law got first place. You would think that at his age that wouldn't be a big deal. You are so wrong. He was so proud. Way to go uncle Scott!!!!

Hanna is 12! I am grateful for her health and her sweet personality. She is such a fun kid. I am glad I was able to be part of her birthday party!!!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

So...I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me until now, but you know I teach junior high, right? So your kids could be my students. Weird...

and yet, suddenly I feel closer to you ;) - _I_ deal with kids like that regularly, too! (tho not as regularly or intensely as you do, of course! :) )

Grandma Lu said...

Jaxson's friend, Breann, said she saw you at school. It is really weird. I am sure they would be good for you. Hee Hee!

KATE said...

Let's just talk for a minute about the cupcake. Was there ever any doubt? I was there, and it wasn't pretty!!
Laser Tag did rock tho, we kicked some serious Bootie!!
Go Old People Team!!
I'm out
K