Monday, December 11, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNAH!


It is great to be eight! My niece, and Ryanne's best friend, turned 8 today. Savannah is one of the cutest kids I know. (and I am not partial). She loves to laugh (especially at the dinner table), she loves to play outside, and she loves to have teeth hanging from the front of her mouth by a thread. If you look at the picture of Ryanne and Savannah, they both have these teeth that they want to pull so the tooth fairy comes. But....what if it hurts? I love these girls. Savannah is a great help and so much fun to have around.

On to more trivial matters- I am trying the five day juice fast that my friend told me about. She said it was easy. I am beginning to think she lied. I am almost through day two. Three more days to go. So far I am still waiting to have a moment where I think it is helping. I can do it!!!!!I know I can!!!!Right?

So it is Christmas and what have I done? I am still feeling the pressure of the next two weeks. I still have a few cards to send, a few gifts to wrap, a few things to buy, and a few places to be. Today instead of family night we had family day. I took all the kids shopping to pick out the Sub for Santa things we signed up for. It was crazy to say the least, but, our goal was accomplished. This is good. When we were walking out of the store I saw one of my neighbors. She is the sweetest lady. She looked at me and said, "are you insane? Why would you take all five of them to the store during this time of year?" It is kind of funny. I found myself asking that same question many times throughout our outing. I hope the kids learned something.

We are so lucky. I think sometimes we forget the importance of giving. I know that I do sometimes.


3 comments:

KATE said...

Cute pics!! I changed my thing, so you can leave comments now!

Shannon said...

Day 2 and 3 suck! I was starving my head off! You CAN do it, Just keep drinking lots of Juice and Water! Is it the Ultimate Fasting Cleanse. YOu will love the Results, it is hard to tell right now though! Good Luck and Keep me Posted!

Leigh Siljander said...

Hi Kari. I got your card and you inspired me so I created a blog
www.sileigh.blogspot.com

Your kids are getting so big. Life is a little insane out here. Hopefully the season will bring us some peace soon.

Juice fasting huh?!?!?!? Doesn't sound like much fun.