Wednesday, April 21, 2010

....it was so tender....

Our friend Chelsea was married on March 26th. Congratulations to an amazing girl and a handsome young man! My lack of blogging about it has nothing to do with the importance of the event. I wish them all the best!

I wanted a picture of Chelsea and Lindsay together(Lindsay is to Chelsea's left). Lindsay is my friend Marnae's daughter and one of Chelsea's best friends. I have watched the two of them dance together for years. I had the privilege of being in the Temple when Chelsea took out her endowments. What a neat day. I watched as Chelsea came into the celestial room. So many people that love Chelsea and Mason were waiting anxiously for them to enter the room. (I imagine our reunions in Heaven will look something like that.) Something so sweet happened there in that room. I watched as Chelsea walked across the room to where Lindsay was waiting. I watched from the back as they embraced and whispered to each other. Something I have seen them do a million times and yet, some how in the Celestial room, it was so tender. I LOVE THESE GIRLS! I admire them for there strength. I love the women that they have become. I have watched them grow up. I have seen them both happy and sad. I remember years when one of them was not seen without the other. I have watched Chelsea and Lindsay whisper and giggle in many places over the years. That moment, watching them in the Temple, was simply the best. Thank you, Chelsea for letting me be part of the whole wedding.

5 comments:

bulkleybunch said...

that just got me all teary eyed! i absolutely adore those two beautiful girls. what a special experience you witnessed!

Lindsay Smith said...

Your so sweet!!! I love you. Chels and I have loved spending time with you over the years! We always had so much fun together at Dance Competitions. I loved being there with Chelsea on that special day.

Unknown said...

Your awesome!!! This post was the best! I'm so happy you could be there. And I never thought about that, it is awesome and Im so happy Linds that your always right by my side. Love you tons! And I love you to Kari Your the best and thanks for being there!

Unknown said...

Ya and I thought I was on my blog So that was from Me(Chelsea) ha ha!

andrew and brittani said...

so so so many dance hours spent watching them dance. i love them both. chelsea's reception was so pretty and i'm sure the temple was so much better.