Monday, May 17, 2010

Carey Crockett

Thirty seven years ago, one of my favorite people was born. It would be years later before I realized the full impact of that event, but I will forever be grateful! Carey is, to put it simply, extraordinary! I get emotional just thinking about how lucky I am to have her in my life! Carey has seen me at my worst, and loves me in spite of myself. She has been my cheerleader and confidante. Carey has the uncanny ability to make people want to be better. She makes me want to be better! She is an amazing friend. Carey is smart. She loves my children unconditionally and they know it! I am touched by how willing Carey is to love my children and let them be such a big part of her family. I know that each of my children love and respect Carey also.

Now, lets talk about one of Carey's greatest accomplishments: RUBY! I love that little girl! Ruby is blessed to have such a wonderful woman as her mother. Carey and I were friends before Ruby was born. I like to think that Ruby has only enhanced our friendship. I love being able to talk motherhood with Carey (The good, the bad and the ugly). Carey is so down to earth that she makes it easy to tell her how you are feeling. Carey will always tell me when she thinks I am wrong, but I know without a doubt that she loves me!

What more can I say? Other than that "I LOVE CAREY!!!!" I wish her a year of happiness.


2 comments:

Joy said...

She is one of my FAVORITES too! Everything you said was perfect! She is one amazing woman and I am blessed to call her my friend!

Mindy said...

I agree, Carey is wonderful. Happy Birthday, Carey!