Tuesday, May 25, 2010

JAXSON!

Seventeen years ago today, right this minute, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first born. Who would he look like? Would he have my temper or be more mild mannered like Tim? Would he love me? Who will he be when he grows up? Would he have a thirst for knowledge? Will he know that he has a noble lineage? Looking back, it seems odd.....I meet this day with very similar questions. Jaxson might not ever fully understand the magnitude of the birth order in our family. I want him to understand that he was given a mission long before he was ever born. I know that he carries a weight that few people in our family understand. It is very real. Jaxson is the comfort to a pain that has no healing. To put it simply, he is a blessing!

Jaxson entered this world with a strength that I have always admired. I love the answers to the questions posed the day as I waited for him to join our family. He looks like his father. He has Tim's disposition. He studies more out of necessity than desire. I believe he has a knowledge of his birthright. I still wait to see who he will be when he grows up. I know I will love him no matter who or what he becomes. I know that he has his own cheering section on earth and in heaven. I am eternally grateful for the relationship he shared with my maternal grandparents. He was a light in their lives, as he is in mine. Jaxson shoulders the responsibility of being the oldest and the only man in the house when Tim is gone. (Not an easy task with 5 hormonal women in house.)He is a friend and help to our family and friends. I love Jaxson. I love the relationship he has with his father. I love that he holds the Priesthood. I love his friends. I have fasted and prayed for Jaxson's friends. They are good young men. While they eat more than anyone I know, they are a help and a blessing to my family. I love that Jaxson is the same person no matter who is around or where he is.

Don't get me wrong....Jaxson has a "few" faults. His faults are far from my focus this day! Happy birthday Jax! I am so proud to have you for a son!!!

5 comments:

KATE said...

What a sweet post. He does carry an extra weight, I wish he didn't have to... and I'm sorry I gave it to him. :)
he is a huge blessing in my life. I love that stinky guy! ;)
Happy Birthday Jaxy, and thanks for sharing him with me!

Joy said...

I love Jaxson! He is kind, smart, funny, helpful, obedient, very clean, respectful, a total babe and all around amazing young man! You and Tim have done a great job as parents! Happy birthday Jax.... all us Markhams love you!

Carey Crockett said...

I second everything you've said. I kind of claim his as part of my family without taking any credit for raising him. I can do that, right?

Lindsay Smith said...

Happy Birthday to Jax! Hope he had a good day!!!

Shannon said...

sweet sweet post, i love him.
So wonderful to have him as your oldest child and only son. He is so incredibly spoiled!