Monday, May 10, 2010

"Dancers Against Cancer"

WOW! What a night! Morgan and Hanna performed in a Benefit Concert for our friend, Tiffanie. Tiffanie is one amazing young woman who is undergoing treatment for muscular cancer. Obviously, many people share our thoughts and feelings about Tiffanie. The auditorium at Pleasant Grove High School was overflowing with supporters. Tiffanie's aunt and cousins put the whole program together. The group, "Afterglow" sang a few songs and MC'd the concert, dance teams from all over the area danced in honor of Tiffanie, even artists from "Dancing with the Stars" shared their talents with the hope of raising money for Tiffanie.

I am so proud of Morgan and Hanna. They truly "caught the vision" of this concert and encouraged many others to do the same. We have known Tiffanie for years. My girls look up to her and the example she sets for those around her. I am forever indebted to Tiffanie for the strength and determination that she is so selflessly teaching my children. I am grateful to a Heavenly Father that has let our lives be influenced by so many great people. As a mother, I feel so inadequate at times. I need others to help me teach my children in area's that I am lacking. I know that as a family we have been richly blessed.

At the concert, everyone who has been touched by cancer was asked to stand. Few people remained in their chairs. As I watched and listened to Tiffanie, who has stubble where beautiful hair once resided and casts on both feet, one word came to mind....HOPE!!!!! I know that is why Tiff and her family remain so strong. I know that is why my family looks to her and learns lessons of endurance. I know that is why many people face each day anew.

For all of these things, and so many more, I truly stand amazed.

(Avery, Emmie and Haidyn watching the concert)

2 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

Tear jerking post just like the concert. We all love Tiff!! Dang cancer----sucks so bad!!! But Tiff has so many people routing and praying for her. Great night. Go Tiff!!!!!

Kate A said...

Thanks for posting. It really was such an amazing night! The benefit couldn't have been for a sweeter girl! :)