Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Reaching....

Ryanne might be one of the most tender kids I know! She is definitely beautiful on the inside and out! The other day Ryanne was in her room listening to her ipod. The song "Reaching" by Hillary Weeks was playing. Ryanne asked if I would come to her room for a minute. When I did she said, "Mom, I really love this this song." I won't bore you with all the lyrics but, the chorus goes like this...

"We are reaching for the future.
We are reaching for the past.
And no matter what we have,
we reach for more.

We are desperate to discover
what is just beyond our grasp.
But maybe that's what Heaven is for."

There is not a day that goes by that Ryanne doesn't bring a little bit of Heaven into our home.

She is such a thoughtful young lady. (It has recently come to my attention that she needs me to let her grow up a little. I have always called Ryanne and Emmie "The Littles." Ryanne does not like me referring to her in that way anymore. Thus, "young lady!") She has a point. She is beyond my years in many ways. I often look at Ryanne and wonder if she realizes how amazing she is. What I would give to have a heart like her. Ryanne is a peacemaker. She loves to learn. She loves everyone. She is giving. She is a great big sister. She listens to the meaning of words in songs. She has a beautiful smile. Most of all, Ryanne makes me want to be a better person.
I love Ryanne!!!!

4 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

She's so cute!! She's also so grown up---holy cow she's not a little girl anymore.

Joy said...

I love Ryanne too and she really is as beautiful on the inside as the out! Whenever she comes over it makes me smile! I LOVE the photos and hope NO BOYS ever see them!!!

Sherri said...

She is beautiful Kari!

KATE said...

She's such a cutie