Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ogden Canyon: UEA Weekend



Jaxson on the four wheeler.


Hanna and Breann ready to roll. (Literally)

Thursday afternoon we went and stayed with some friends in a condo that was up Ogden Canyon. We left late, had dinner on the way, and then hung out and played some games. We got up early on Friday and went four wheeling with some friends and their inlaws. It started out so fun. The kids loved it. The canyon was so pretty. Some of us picnicked while others rode and then we traded. On the last run, Hanna and her friend Breann went with my friend, Suzette and her sister in law Ceci. It seemed like forever before they came back. Finally, Jaxson came and said that the girls had run out of gas. Suzette's brother in law went to help them. He came back with Hanna and said that Breann and Hanna had crashed. It was pretty bad. Thank goodness for helmets. They were both bruised up pretty bad. The four wheeler won't be able to be driven again any time soon, but no one was hurt. When the day was over, we were counting our blessings!


Emmie was so happy to do whatever everyone else did. She was so much fun. She could find the fun in anything we did.
Which is a fantastic quality when there are a million kids around.


Our friends have a tradition. Every time they are at the Condo (weather permitting) they play "Kimball Volleyball." They reserved the court for Saturday afternoon and everyone loved it. There are no rules in "Kimball Volleyball," so the little kids love it. They can kick the ball, throw it, the ball doesn't even matter if it goes over the net! I was so camera man/ball chaser. I loved watching the fun! Morgan wanted to serve the ball every time. She would be a great asset to any volleyball team.

It was so pretty. The leaves were all changing. The colors were so pretty. Ryanne doesn't mind pictures as long as she can pick her own pose! She was such a cutie.


Hanna and Breann dressed for Raquetball.

There were so many things to do. We reserved the court but and adult had to play with kids under fourteen. I was volunteered to be the adult. The other adults decided that it didn't mattered that I never act like an adult. The kids almost killed me. I must be more out of shape than I thought. There were 12 kids and I took a five minute turn with each kid. That is a long time! Not to mention that I had to dodge the ball ninety percent of the time. At least everyone had fun.

I got schooled at horse shoes. But that is okay. It doesn't really matter if you win or lose, it is how you play the game. Right? I did kill everyone at Tetris. I stunk at Phase Ten. But so did Jaxson's friend Devon. (At least I wasn't alone)

All in all, we had a great time. I am ready for a little R and R. The kids go back to school tomorrow. Maybe I can rest then!!
KH

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds so fun! I played Soccer on Friday night as a sub for your team! It was so fun.
How is Hanna now? Poor girl, she may never get on a 4 wheeler again!
yes, on Wednesday @ 9:30 but no on next wednesday, I will be out of Commission.

KATE said...

So funny, you're such a nut ball!